I don’t think anyone could have forecasted last week’s turn of events. As the majority of the world is asked to work from home in self-isolation, it’s hard to put a pause on sales goals.
You may be asking yourself how a sales team can remain productive while working from home and being banned from traveling or meeting with customers/retailers.
As you navigate the next few weeks, here are 7 tips you can do to Be Strategic, Proactive, Brave…and Healthy among sales teams.
Yes, you can maximize this time and not COCOON!
- Sales Planning – this is a great time to review, strategize and reflect on your sales plans & strategies to STILL achieve your 2020 sales goals.
Blow the dust off your Sales Goals. Review your Q1 goals and plan for Q2 goals. Schedule a call with your manager or another colleague to strategize and share ideas.
- Daily Virtual Team Huddles – your team will need to hear sales successes, best practices, and have a few laughs on a daily basis. Early morning or 4pm huddles – keep your team engaged, accountable & social!
Zoom/Skype video calls are a great way to see & hear your team. Assign different topics, 5-5-5 & agenda teams to your team.Keep your team engaged, accountable & social! Zoom/Skype video calls are a great way to see & hear your team. Assign different topics, 5-5-5 & agenda teams to your team. Click To Tweet
- Research new Markets/Vertical/Competitors – assign each team member to research, learn about this market, create a list of SUSPECT companies and people to contact.
There is never enough time to do this and NOW there is….Prepare and Plan your future plan!
- Strengthen Strategies & Messaging – Territory Plans, Key Account Plans, Value Proposition Messaging, Your Ideal Week, Great Questions Template
Download the complimentary templates from our website and start strengthening your sales.
- Call & schedule customer & prospect calls via video or live voice. Encourage them to still make 10+ calls each day.
We are hearing from many sales professionals, how customers/buyers have more time for these conversations and willing to schedule them! Feel free to give us a call.
- Improve Sales Process & Customer Experience – great time to review & improve your sales processes. At Teneo, we are scheduling a daily 3pm call to review one process each day & improve.
Your CRM, proposals, order processing and even when to ask for a referral are all great processes to review, improve and create a better customer experience!
- Positive Self-Talk & Have Fun! and Stay Mentally Healthy. Sales teams are social and need fun and interaction.
What is your craziest toilet paper story? OMG – why has toilet paper become the scarcest commodity? Share jokes, videos and lots of text emojis! 😀Sales teams are social and need fun and interaction. What is your craziest toilet paper story? OMG – why has toilet paper become the scarcest commodity? Share jokes, videos and lots of text emojis! Click To Tweet
We have great interactive live training through our “Sales Performance Sessions” via Zoom with break-out rooms, chat conversations, virtual whiteboards, plus a final Sales Practicum. You’ll learn each week and apply the concepts & tools in between the live sessions to improve your skills and GET RESULTS with clients.
Let’s have a conversation at 519-863-3975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share your best practices and comment which tips you choose to implement.
Lisa is driven by the mantra – Be Strategic. Be Pro-active. Be Brave. – and has been successfully training and coaching sales leaders and their teams to do the same for over 15 years. As the President of Teneo Results since 2003, she has trained thousands of sales professionals at more than 250 companies across North America. She transitions salespeople away from the standard “product & price” approach to having purposeful business conversations with their customers that drive results.