Are you a morning person who loves to reap your sales productivity and improve your overall sales effectiveness?
I’ll admit, I was never a morning person. When the alarm would go off, I was notorious for hitting the snooze button a few times and that was at 6am.
In the last few years, I’ve become a much better morning person and now realize it’s my most productive hour of power, to increase my efficiency and effectiveness. I would rather wake up at 5am or 5:30am to work out and/or start a project or proposal when I have my freshest brain power. My entire day goes better when I work out and/or have at least one hour of focused sales productivity before the rest of the world starts their work day.
This Hour of Sales Productivity allows you to be pro-active, rather than re-active.If you want to outperform your competition, this could be the right strategy for you to be working proactively in order to improve your sales process and sales success. Click To Tweet
Here’s a list of ideas to use this Hour of Power & Productivity to maximize your day:
- A great workout pumps oxygen throughout your body, increasing endorphins and starting your mindset and day in the right mode. I’m amazed at how much better my day goes when I work out and spend time on me. I attract better business and ideas.
- Eat breakfast with your family and take your kids to school. Dedicate this hour to your family without stress. Help them get organized with their day and model an organized, positive mindset rather than a frazzled mindset!
- Be pro-active with client projects and follow-up. Be one step ahead of your clients to demonstrate you’re on top of their needs. I’m surprised by the number of clients who respond between 6am and 8am.
- In working with many sales teams, along with my own prospecting efforts, the early morning prospecting gets the better response, before leaders and buyers get consumed in their day and emails get lost in a deep inbox. Scheduling time for your prospecting sales calls will improve your conversion rate and lead to more closed deals. 7:30am to 8:55am is my dedicated prospecting time at least twice per week.
- Identify your top selling activities and schedule them in the morning to help you improve sales productivity and become a top performer.
- Weekly or daily huddle with your operations/customer service team to ensure you are pro-actively identifying any activities that need to be addressed sooner rather than later, and to ensure that deadlines are met. These activities help to improve sales.
It’s said that the early bird gets the worm. If you want to outperform your competition, this could be the right strategy for you to be working proactively in order to improve your sales process and sales success.
Lisa is driven by the mantra – Be Strategic. Be Pro-active. Be Brave. – and has been successfully training and coaching sales leaders and their teams to do the same for over 15 years. As the President of Teneo Results since 2003, she has trained thousands of sales professionals at more than 250 companies across North America. She transitions salespeople away from the standard “product & price” approach to having purposeful business conversations with their customers that drive results.