How well prepared is your sales team when they meet with a new or existing buyer?
We brought together a panel of buyers for our webinar called Cracking The Buyers’ Code: Having Purposeful Business Conversations With Buyers to discover what it takes to earn their business, build strategies, and ultimately, earn their respect and trust.
When it comes to gaining more of a buyer’s business, preparation is an important piece to the puzzle and the first step your sales team needs to take for success.
As the leader of your sales team, it is your responsibility to coach them to do their research and strategize so they have more purposeful business conversations when meeting a buyer.
After hearing from our panelists, we put together a three-step strategy so you can prep your sales team for their meetings and maximize the chances of reaching their objectives!
1. Do your research!
A lack of research can mean a missed opportunity.
Our buyers told us some of the most important information a salesperson needs to know before they get to the meeting is:
• Learn about the buyer, their business and their industry.
• Know the size of their business, demographic, current product offerings, current competition, how it fits into the marketplace and its challenges.
Action Step: Coach your team member to do their research preparation by googling any information on the company, including their products, website, and the buyer’s LinkedIn profile. Use the information to ask better questions that uncover better business opportunities.
2. 8-Step Consultative Opportunity Form
Hold your team accountable to applying the 8-step Consultative Conversation with their buyer. What can they do in advance to prepare and consistently follow the 8-steps in the consultative conversation?
- What is the personality style of the buyer and how will they adapt their strategy to meet with this buyer?
- What is the decision making role of this buyer? Are they meeting with the final authority or just their favourite person? How can they include the final authority in this meeting?
- What great questions will they ask to learn more about their business, challenges and goals?
- Will they be able to present solutions in this meeting or schedule a second meeting to present your three-option proposal?
- What will they do to secure the next steps with a specific date & time?
Action Step: Have your sales team download the 8-Step Consultative Opportunity form at www.teneoresults.com/resources.
3. Go beyond the basics to show the buyer why you are the answer to their problems, with ROI.
Salespeople today need to provide solutions to a buyer’s challenges and show how they can help buyers hit their targets and KPIs by showcasing their expertise.