Restrictions are starting to be lifted and there is a pent-up demand to get back to normalcy at work. Government officials in all provinces, states and countries are gearing businesses to start planning the phase-in steps. Everyone is experiencing spring fever to get out, especially with the temperature rising.
But what if you still can’t go see your customers face-to-face? How can you provide value to them during their phase-in stage? This is the perfect time for you to be turning your check-in conversations into PURPOSE-ful business conversations.What if you still can’t go see your customers face-to-face? How can you provide value to them during their phase-in stage? This is the perfect time to turn check-in conversations into PURPOSE-ful business conversations. Click To Tweet
You can pivot your Check-In Conversations by starting with a few simple questions:
How is COVID Impacting your business? Are you getting ready for businesses to re-open?
For more business questions, before you sell too soon…
Ask these Top Business Questions before suggesting your products & solutions:
- How is COVID19 impacting your business?
- Have sales increased or decreased during lockdown?
- How has your plant/operations/team adapted?
- How are you preparing your team/business as we plan to re-open?
- What are the biggest challenges your team/business is facing during COVID19?
- What challenges are you anticipating throughout the rest of 2020?
- How will you ensure on-going safe distancing measures as work returns?
- How is your leadership/management team pivoting to adjust (or even thriving) during this situation?
- How do you plan to stimulate sales?
- What can we do to help you…?
Remember – COVID19 may have affected some of your customers more than others. You have to tailor your approach and solutions to each customer’s unique situation. Express empathy,and be sure to really listen to what your customer is saying – don’t sell too soon!Remember – COVID19 may have affected some of your customers more than others. Express empathy,and be sure to really listen to what your customer is saying – don’t sell too soon! Click To Tweet
Using virtual platforms to conduct PURPOSE-ful conversations is a great way to develop rapport, trust, ask more and better business questions, and differentiate yourself as a Consultative Business Advisor. Sales don’t end when face-to-face meetings move virtual!
Lisa is driven by the mantra – Be Strategic. Be Pro-active. Be Brave. – and has been successfully training and coaching sales leaders and their teams to do the same for over 15 years. As the President of Teneo Results since 2003, she has trained thousands of sales professionals at more than 250 companies across North America. She transitions salespeople away from the standard “product & price” approach to having purposeful business conversations with their customers that drive results.