If you were the coach of a high performing sports team, what would your team rally and conversation look like in the dressing room before game time?
- Are you rallying your team to win this upcoming game?
- Are you strategizing on game moves to play an offensive game against the competitive team to win?
- Are you building confidence and getting them excited and motivated for the upcoming game?
- Are they in strong shape to mentally and physically play this upcoming aggressive week?
- Do you huddle and high-five and have your team cheer/mantra before you head out to the field?
- What is the aura of your weekly sales meeting? Does your team leave more excited for an upcoming sales week?
What can you do to create a stronger IMPACT in your weekly sales meetings?
In our Sales Leadership Journey Program, we talked about this topic to get sales leaders to transition from mundane weekly meetings to being stronger coaches who rally their team at the beginning of the week.
Most sales meetings are too focused on last week’s sales achievements. You can’t do anything about last week’s sales numbers. You can do something about this week’s upcoming sales numbers.You can’t do anything about last week’s sales numbers. You can do something about this week’s upcoming sales numbers. Click To Tweet
Here are 3 quick fixes to create stronger business rhythm:
- Other than secured sales – what are the next two important KPIs you want to feature on your dashboard?
- Apply the 5-5-5 Coaching Strategy to strategize on what you will do to win business this week.
- 5 minutes – one sales team member shares their customer situation
- 5 minutes – the rest of the team can only ask questions about the situation (great discipline to get the team to only ask questions, not provide solutions or sell too soon – yet)
- 5 minutes – the team can provide ideas, advice and solutions on how to win this business
- Get your team more involved in your sales meetings. Delegate a sales topic each week to a member of your team to provide a five to 10 minute sales training lesson.
One of our Sales Leaders in our “Leading Sales Success Journey” Program implemented a daily 4pm team call. It has increased motivation and accountability…and best yet 25+ new clients since January 1st. That’s great business rhythm!
Lisa is driven by the mantra – Be Strategic. Be Pro-active. Be Brave. – and has been successfully training and coaching sales leaders and their teams to do the same for over 15 years. As the President of Teneo Results since 2003, she has trained thousands of sales professionals at more than 250 companies across North America. She transitions salespeople away from the standard “product & price” approach to having purposeful business conversations with their customers that drive results.